CB Insights recently named Loop to its Retail Tech 100 ranking.
The list highlights startups redefining the retail industry across 13 different categories, with this year’s winners spanning 19 countries including Singapore, Australia, and China.
As the premier exchange-first returns platform for Shopify brands, we’re proud to be among the nine companies honored in the ecommerce fulfillment and logistics category.
“It’s really exciting to see Loop up there,” said Jonathan Poma, Loop’s founder and CEO. “This reflects our teams’ dedication to empowering our merchants day in and day out. It’s humbling to be selected to this list alongside so many other innovative companies.”
The CB Insights research team selected the Retail Tech 100 from a pool of over 7,000 companies. Selection was based on factors including market potential, competitive landscape, team strength, and tech novelty.
“By almost any measure, this has been a breakout year for retail tech,” said Brian Lee, SVP of CB Insights’ Intelligence Unit. “In 2021 alone, these 100 companies raised $13.1B in funding, an incredibly impressive feat. As the retail landscape evolves, we’re excited to see how the companies on the Retail Tech 100 continue to revolutionize how consumers shop.”
Overview on the 2022 Retail Tech 100:
- Funding trends: In 2021, these 100 private companies raised $13.1B in equity funding across 109 deals, triple the amount raised in 2020. So far in 2022, they have raised $2.3B across 15 deals (as of 3/8/22).
- Global reach: 40% of the 2022 Retail Tech 100 is based outside the US. After the US, the UK and India follow with 6 companies each.
- Future market leaders: Nearly two-thirds of the companies on the list are early- or mid-stage companies. There are 20 early-stage companies (seed/angel and Series A) and 43 mid-stage firms (Series B or Series C) in this year’s cohort.
- Unicorns: Thirty-six of the 100 companies (36%) are valued at or above $1B as of their latest funding rounds.
- Top investors: Salesforce Ventures is the most active investor in this year’s Retail Tech 100, having made investments in 10 companies across 19 deals since 2017.
About CB Insights
At CB Insights, we believe the most complex strategic business questions are best answered with facts. We are a machine intelligence company that synthesizes, analyzes and visualizes millions of documents to give our clients fast, fact-based insights. Serving the majority of the Fortune 100, we give companies the power to make better decisions, take control of their own future, and capitalize on change.
Loop started redefining the post-purchase experience in 2017 by enabling Shopify brands to transform returns into exchanges. Today, Loop helps over 1,100 brands increase customer loyalty, retain more revenue, and lower unnecessary costs by automating their returns process. Over the last five years, we’ve automated over 15 million returns and our merchants have retained more than $400 million in revenue. The company was conceived in Columbus, Ohio, and employs more than 130 people across North America. Learn more here.